Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I now give to you my latest creation.... The Book Wreath!!



It's amazing, I must say. I originally saw this wreath on the Quilted Fish blog spot, which then linked me to another site with directions on how to make this beatuty myself. While a book did need to be destroyed, it lended itself to a beautiful piece of art that hangs nicely above my bookshelf, and bring character to my living room.

This took me a few hours to create, especially since I went with a 12" foam ring rather than the suggested 10", but the outcome is well worth it!

Want to know how to make it yourself?? Find it here on this link: http://livingwithlindsay.com/2009/11/librarians-please-avert-your-eyes.html


I also went to my local thrift store and bought a stack of old books ($.25 ea.) and used them in place of a new(er) book. This ended up being even better due to the fact that there is already the yellowing/browning of the edges which enhances it's rustic antiquity. If you go this route you could skip the painting of the edges all together, although I did apply some stain to the edges as well. All in all, this is a great project that doesn't break the bank (unless you buy supplies from Michaels like I did... not too smart!), and can be completed in a few hours. Want something to do for a craft party, or need an idea for a unique gift? Make this!


More pictures of my finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment