Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pockets, Pinwheels, and Pillow Cases!





Remember how I mentioned that there are some pretty neat tutorials at The Quilted Fish blog, put together by her amazing design team? Well, this past week I decided to dive right on into making one, and here it is!



            

This pillow is SO neat! I love how detailed it is, as well as how fun it is to have a pocket on the front. As I mentioned last month, I'm really into french shabby chic, romantic, decor right now, and am in the process of redecorating my daughters room to be a romantic ballerina room, all done in soft pinks, creams, and florals. I'm currently in the process of making a "big girl size" rag quilt for her, and her new room, and when I saw this pillow tutorial I just knew that I had to make it in the same fabric to complement the collection. Don't you just love the color scheme?! As soon as my daughter saw it, she went in her room, grabbed her stuffed cat, and stuck it in the front pocket. This is now how she tucks her stuffed animals in to sleep at night!


If you're interested in making this for yourself, check out the "Pocket Full of Pinwheels, Too!" tutorial, which can be found HERE, at The Quilted Fish blog. This tutorial was created by Karrie Lyne of Freckled Whimsy, who is also a part of the Quilted Fish Design Team.


If you do make this pillowcase, I'd love to hear about it!



~ Alicia



No comments:

Post a Comment