Saturday, July 2, 2011

Unbelievable Macaroni Salad!

So, I've gotten a little behind on my posts lately, but hopefully this recipe will make it all up to you, and all will be forgiven as soon as you take your first bite! I'm not including a full photo tutorial with this recipe, since I won't be making it until the 4th, but I wanted to post the recipe now, so that everyone out there will get the opportunity to try the greatest Mac Salad you've ever had, and be the hero at this Monday's BBQ.

This recipe comes from my father, so it's a really big deal that I'm leaking this one out, since I guard his recipes with my life. If I haven't ever mentioned it on here before, my dad is the best cook I have ever known - actually I should probably call him a chef since he's owned and operated a few restaurants in his time. My love of cooking, and everything that I have learned, has come from my dad. It still blows my mind how damn good he is! He'll show up to visit for the weekend, and manages to whip out the most flavorful gourmet food you've ever seen, and he does it effortlessly to boot. If it were me making the meals that he makes, not only would they not taste as good as his, but it would look like a tornado had ripped right through the middle of my kitchen. Not my dad, though.... he's the best I've ever seen, and I'll stand by that to the grave.

So... here goes! You're in for a treat!




"Never Go Back to That Deli Stuff"
Mac Salad

Ingredients

1 lb, small Elbow Macaroni
5-6, stalks Celery
1, large Brown Onion
1, small jar sweet pickles (or gherkins)
8oz, Longhorn Cheddar Cheese
1 C, Mayo
Salt and Pepper, to taste


Directions

1) Cook macaroni according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.

 **Tip** Add a drizzle of evoo to the water to keep the macaroni from sticking.

2) Finely dice celery, onion, pickles, and cheese.

3) Add veggies and cheese to cooled macaroni. Add mayo, and stir to combine.

4) Add salt and pepper to taste.

**I've found it's best to add less S&P, and allow others to add more if they desire.




So there it is! It's really simple, but Oh Man does it blow the competition out of the water! Trust me on this. Make a batch this 4th of July, spread the love around to your friends, and see how everyone just praises you for your amazing Mac Salad. The best part... ya, there's a best part! This salad actually gets better as left overs. How many recipes can do that?!

I'll post the full tutorial this coming Friday, pictures and all, so that you all can see exactly how I dice up my veggies and cheese... according to my dad's instructions!
Please let me know how things turn out for you if you do end up trying this recipe. I'd love to hear your feedback!



Cook, Eat, and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment